Thursday, February 25, 2010

Favorite Things...

One of my dear colleagues, Lissa Lee, issued a request to list your favorite things as a way to beat the February doldrums. It does make you smile to stop and make such a list! So here goes, a random compilation of things that bring me joy - in no particular order.

* The sound of my daughters' laughter- especially if they are playing with one another.

* Hearing "I love you Mommy (Mom in the case of Lily)"

* Fresh flowers- the scent, the look- simply glorious

* My faith and knowing that all will be OK and work out as it should.

* A great book...a good book for that matter- the written word in general.

* Cooking and baking

* The smell of baking cookies or bread

* Music - any variety...

* A smooth commute

* Travel

* Dark chocolate

* Art- paintings, sculpture..- especially Lynne Fischer's work!

* How I feel after exercise

* A great night's sleep - is there anything sweeter than waking up and looking at the clock to realize it is not yet time to get up and you can snooze some more.

* Being in the arms of a good man

* A new cookbook

* The ocean -the beach brings me sanity

* The holidays - any work but the Christmas season is my favorite

* A gorgeous Spring day with warm sunshine on my face

* A gorgeous Fall day - colorful foliage

* Snow on Christmas morning - in moderation

* Barnes and Noble

* The Food Network - it soothes me..kind of like ESPN does for men

* My amazing friends and family

* Fresh herbs

* A glass (of two) of good wine

* Prayer

* A cup of tea - especially peppermint- it is like drinking a candy cane.

* A pedicure - complete with a wonderful foot massage!

* Going to the movies

* Laughter

* Having someone in my life to take care of.

* Having someone in my life to love.

* The ability to feel deeply...to cry..and to laugh

* Colleagues, volunteers and a staff team who are amazing and dedicated and have my back.

* Watching a staff person whom I have hired blossom and grow beyond what they thought they could do.

Now - go make your list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment