Sunday, February 28, 2010

introspection, clarity and choices

It has been a bit of a weekend of introspection for me. Perhaps since so much of this weekend has been about driving the girls to various activities, I have had time to think. A zen moment or two if you will. For some reason, this weekend was also cloaked in bit of sadness. I have been thinking about my Dad alot this weekend-it actually started last weekend. He passed away almost 5 years ago - the same time as when my divorce was final. This may sound crazy to some people, but I feel his presence with me these days. Almost as though he is trying to tell me something. Told you it was a strange weekend!

Four months of reinvention have passed - it is almost March. I am trying to assess what has really changed in my life. Certainly I am more self aware, thinking more clearly about some of the choices that I make. The 1/2 mararthon is in 3 weeks, I don't feel as prepared as I would like to be, but will do fine. Dating has been fun - dating like a man if you recall- but I find myself in a place of being tired of the "game." I am ready for one man in my life - a healthy, deep relationship.

I feel like I am on the verge of something significant occuring in my life....just not sure exactly what is is yet. I have a few things going on that may require a choice or two from me in the next few months. Looking for a clarity right now that I don't quite have. As always, I have faith that the answers will be revealed if I listen with an open heart.

As I am discovering, I am not so much reinventing my life- as I am reinventing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment