Monday, March 1, 2010

Soft places to land

Where or to whom do you turn to at the end of a rough day? Is there a person or place that provides comfort? I like to think that my home provides that sort of warm environment for my girls. We often spend Friday evenings hunkered down together for movies, pizza and hugs- kind of a time out from the "real world." A home or favorite spot can be a refuge, a place of respite and peace.

I hope that in addition to providing a physical oasis for my kids, that I am also personally their soft place to land. No matter who you are, man or woman, independent or strong - it sure helps to have someone in your life who can be that cushion to life. Makes life easier when someone has your back, will listen to you, can give you the comfort that you need. Obviously, this can be a partner, spouse, friend- heck even a pet!

I was asked a while back in one of those online dating questions - what I really wanted from a relationship. It occurs to me that this is the crux of the answer. Sure - passion, friendship, companionship, shared goals and interests were probably how I responded. But really, when it comes down to it, having someone in my life to be that soft place to land and in return, being that for him can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment