Sunday, March 14, 2010

Love

I had a rather low key, lovely weekend and a chance for some wonderful time with my girls. Had the time also to some thinking about what I have, what I want and my future. Spending time with my daughters is often the best therapy I can find for a rough week.

Here is an example.. Lily was gone for a birthday party for part of the weekend so Avery and I got to be alone together. She is practicing her writing so we were sitting together watching a movie and she handed me a notebook in which she had written the following:

"I love you Mom, I do love you, I am happy that we ary togeder..do you love me?" We went back and forth, writing comments in this Dr. Seuess style rhyme. Couldn't help but wonder, once again, how these amazing girls came into my life as my daughters. I won't rehash again the miracle that it is to me, but maybe it all comes down to one thing..love. I can't imagine my life without them and the love that we share. Do you ever hug your children, or your parent, or spouse or partner and become overwhelmed with how deep the emotion can feel?

Love is something I certainly need in my life and something that I am looking to add with a special man. I realize that the love for him will be different than the bond that I share with my children. Lets face it, all types of love are a little different as is their impact on your life. To me however, love and its variations are more alike than different. They are rooted in connections- spritual, emotional, mental, physical; caring; faith; vulnerability and the ability to give as well as receive. I know for a fact that my ability to love others and love them well has increased from my experience as a mother. Even my marriage and divorce set the stage for a deeper relationship to come. I read once that your heart is not "broken when you go through pain..but broken open."

So I celebrate the love my daughters and I share and know that the other love I seek will indeed enter my life...I have a lot of it to give...and am ready to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment