Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Laughter = stress release

Stress release!! Lets count the ways - exercise, meditation, bubble bath, good book, and some wonderful other activities that we single gals don't get to experience often enough. Baking and cooking - yeah..that is what I meant LOL. Actually, I love to cook and especially to bake. I enjoy the creative and incredibly relaxing zone that I enter when I bake. Maybe there is something zen in the repetitive nature of mixing ingredients and dropping cookie dough on as tray..maybe it is because if I do say so myself, I good at it. OK -I know there was a whole successful blog about this - Julie and Julia..made into a book and movie...so I won't go there!

I realized tonight, however, that that one of the most soothing, fun, blood pressure reducing acts on the earth is free, fairly easy to do and simple - laughing. My girls can be silly little chicks and we laugh alot in this house. After a good laugh at one of Avery's antics, I realized that it was the most stress free and relaxed I had felt all day. And it was a rather stressful day. I love to laugh, enjoy a great joke and strive to find humor in everyday life. Going to the movies this weekend and I think a comedy is in order.

One of my goals in reinventing my life is to live with joy. Joy = passion, purpose and laughter! Time for a little more fun, joy and laughter..And maybe a batch of chocolate chip cookies for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment