Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reinvention- one year later

It has been almost one year since I began this blog- my first post was November 8, 2009. It is hard to imagine that an entire year hsas flown by (and I have yet to change my age in the intro summary of this blog- maybe I won't..LOL) I am trying to figure out what I have changed in my life, what needed to stay the same and what is left on this journey that I had titled "reinvention."

On the surface, it looks like not too much had changed. I did complete a 1/2 marathon March of 2010 and will do the race again in 2011. May even consider tackling a full marathon next year. Still am not in the shape that I would like to be in- so that journey continues.

My career is still in about the same place - am still pursuing my next steps. I am convinced that growth and changes are forthcoming and with it, will be abundance (would really love not to stress about finances so much)- so that journey contiues.

My relationsip with my daughters is deeper and better than ever. It is amazing to watch your kids grow and change. From Avery's new self confidence and realization of her own strength to Lily's entry to the pre-teen years (gulp) and middle school- they are changing before my eyes. Talk about reinvention - or perhaps in their case, it is might be evolution.

Dating - I dated alot in the last year and met some interesting, wonderful men. I am very glad that I ended my self imposed dating hiatus and got back out there in the crazy, sometimes frustrating world of dating post divorce in your 40s. I learned alot about what I do and do not want in my next relationship. I also was reminded that there are also some lovely aspectsw to being single. This part of the journey continues.

One of my goals of blogging was to put the discipline of writing back into my life. I still feel much work remains undone when it comes to writing. Overcoming whatever block is there remains a part of this journey. I have very much enjoyed writing this blog and will continue. I remain amazed when I see how many views this blog gets from other countries- now South Korea, Brazil, Poland, France and Slovenia are on the list.

What did I reinvent this past year? Seems like most of it was internal- I did a ton of inner work, soul searching, thinking and often got these thoughts onto paper. Perhaps this is all part of the process. Did my life change in dramatic ways over the past year? No. Did it change for the better in smaller ways - yes and I am now in a place emotionally, mentally and spiritually for the bigger changes. I look forward to creating a new vision board for the upcoming year and allowing even more blessings to enter my world.

I remain a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment