Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A personal vision statement?

I was challenged today to develop a personal vision statement - a view of what I wanted in my life and how I wanted to live my life. This assignment came as part of my involvement in the National Leadership Development Program with the American Cancer Society. This has been a wonderful 18 month endeavour and we have tackled everything from increasing our organizational knowledge and skills to doing a ton of self assessments and inner work. This is one of our final attempts to tie together everything that we have learned and discovered about ourselves.

I had an a-ha moment and realized that I have already begun the process of developing this personal vision statement through capturing my thoughts when framing the purpose of this blog. Reinventing my life by living authentically and with integrity in all aspects of my life. Being confident enough in myself to live out loud and bring who I am to the scene and having enough faith that in doing so I will find my way and the right people will enter my world. Living with joy, passion, purpose, faith and in truth with myself- I will take that as a personal vision any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment