Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reinvention! Dating?

Yes -I am reinventing my life! I have a pretty terrific one already but since things change - often without your consent..makes sense to me to make some changes on my own. At 46 years old, I have a good job, two amazing daughters whom I love with all my heart, fabulous friends, a great home and my health. I realize how lucky I am and am truly grateful for all of my blessings. What do I want - a life filled with purpose, passion, love and a deep spiritual connection. How much of that will happen on its own as part of a divine plan? How much do drive myself? I guess time will tell as I venture down my reinvention journey.

My goal is to remain authentic- be truly myself in all that I do- live out loud and in full color. One of the joys of being in your 40s is the knowledge that you really can do that! It truly does not matter what others think and in fact most of the time they are not paying attention to you anyway. Being true to who I am and putting myself out there without fear or hesitation may be most interesting when it comes to dating!

I have fully recovered from my painful divorce four years ago and have been in the dating scene for a while. Finally fully ready to meet someone special for a dating relationship. Open to what comes my way. Not out necessarily looking for a husband, but certainly in the market for a boyfriend. I am back in the scene and meeting interesting people - one in particular has caught my attention, lets call him L, and I hope to get to know him better. How do you stay true to yourself while navigating the dating game? Even at 46, the questions emerge- is he thinking of me, why hasn't he called...etc. Mix that in with all of the current "dating advice" about rules and men and women and your head will spin. Sooo, my approach will be different-no games, no nonsense, just me putting myself out there as I am. I have enough faith to know that there is a terrific guy out there for me. If L is as intrigued by me as I am by him - great, if not then I will have my answer and be open to another.

Maybe that is the balance when it comes to dating and reinventing my approach. Be open, honest, make an effort to meet folks and then rely on the knowledge- call it faith in the knowing that I am not meant to be alone- and just let life flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment